Out door Electrics

W

walton

Hi Is there any regulations with wiring an extension to my shed. Also if I wish to suspend the cable are there any rules i have to follow or can i run the cable across the ground :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
outside electrics should be done in armoured cable either suspended above or ideally underground. size of armoured depends on how long in distance to the shed from the house due to volt drop but 2.5- 4mm should be sufficient.

Hi,
All outdoor work at mains voltage has to be done by either a registered electrician or by a 'competent' person and building control informed adn they do the test and inspection.
Get a sparky!

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, loads of regs, and as said its supplying outside so comes under part p of building regs so legally you either need to be competent and notify labc or have a registered spark do it for you.
look up niceic website and search for relevent info :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back