Out of date solvent Cement...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using the same tub for over a while now and just realised its been past its use by date on the bottom of it by a good 6 months! I've not had much problem with it bonding what I need it to and no leaks yet.

Anyone had issues with out of date solvent cement?

Sponsored Links
Provided it's still liquid in the pot it should be fine.

The out of date primarily relates to shelf life.

Once opened the useable life depends on how effectively you can seal th can!

If it works thats fine.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i prefer them when they are abit older it don't stick so dam quick not like the new tubs just about get the joint on and its stuck.

Cheers lads, don't really want to spend another fiver on a new pot when this will do the job fine. Just get paranoid sometimes when I'm laying some waste under the floor which is getting tiled.

solvent cement, what a scam why can't they make a brush to reach the bottom of the pot !!

When the brush won't reach the rest of the glue you can take it down the local park and flog it for a tenner.

Spudkey.. i say that everytime i open the bloody stuff ,the amount that must get thrown away.
Mind it good for sitting peeling off your fingers while sitting having a pint after work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back