Out of hand on here

Sponsored Links
conny said:
You guys DO REALISE Velma was the tubby one with glasses don't you? Daphne was the stereotypical 'Looker'

What you should realize is that some of us guys can see below the surface. ;) ;) ;) Not all 'lookers' are worth a second look. In the early Broons cartoons (around the 60s and 70s), Daphne - the tubby one - was usually drawn with a twinkle in her eye. Maggie never was.

Sponsored Links
and of course there was Jessica Rabbit, she was one hot bitch..........

slick50 said:
Is that Bugs Bunnys girlfriend ?

In the film she was married to Roger Rabbit but who knows what she got up to when Roger was getting fridges dropped on his head in Toon Town. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Jessica Rabbit represents a rare combination; an extreme 'looker' who also shows every sign of being a sex goddess. :p :p :p But cartoonists have the luxury of being able to create any character they want. Real women are occasionally one or the other but rarely both. :( :( :(

sooey said:
No one ever looked at maggie's eyes.

Of course they didn't, because there was nothing there! She was a looker totally devoid of what some call inner beauty. Listen carefully ladies because I'll say this for the third and final time; your greatest potential sexual asset is a genuine interest in sex. :) :) :)

PS: Sooey, I'm not for one minute denigrating your idea of the perfect woman. Each to his own - and that's one more wide-eyed beauty for the rest of us. :D :D :D

conny";p="1619610 said:
Just want to clarify something.

You guys DO REALISE Velma was the tubby one with glasses don't you?

i had a neighbour who looked very similar to her,mmmmm always wanted to ;)

Karinska said:
Good luck with that Space

You think I don't know that! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Let me explain. At the age of thirteen I had no interest whatsoever in the opposite sex but one woman struck me as possessing something most others lacked. That was Aimi MacDonald - and I can still visualize her picture in black and white in an ancient TV guide called The Viewer. Having no use for this insight, I forgot all about her until --

At the age of sixteen I passed a girl in a subway once or twice on my way home from school. Suddenly that line from a Manfred Mann song "And her eyes can light the sky" made sense. I can still remember her to this day: heavily built with shoulder length blonde hair; not quite Miss World material but boy could she light up the sky! :p :p :p I wonder where she is now? :) :) :)

In the forty odd years since then I've noticed many women who wouldn't look out of place in a Miss World line-up but who were, to me at least, totally uninteresting (and sometimes downright repulsive). I've also noticed a much smaller number who 'light up the sky' to a greater or lesser extent - and I married one. :D :D :D I can honestly say that I've never met a real life Jessica Rabbit. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Karinska said:
Good luck with that Space

That was Aimi MacDonald - and I can still visualize her picture in black and white in an ancient TV guide called The Viewer. Having no use for this insight, I forgot all about her until -

you mean ''The Lovely Amy Macdonald'' (catchphrase) from At Last The 1948 Show, the launching ground for Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Marty Feldman and Aimi MacDonald.

aimimcd.jpg

She was discovered by David Frost. At the opening and closing of the show and between longer sketches, she would present short pieces on the theme of her loveliness. Her excitable, squeaky voice was likened to "a choir of frantic mice"

Teenage dreams.

Susan Stranks! (Magpie).
Don't ask me why, I just fancied her like hell!!!

How about the Jetsons, Wacky Races, Road Runner, Top Cat etc

Yea this is all modern stuff.

I remember Herge's Adventures of Tin Tin, and the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

Not to mention The Last of the Mohicans.

Sponsored Links
Back