What's happening on here???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like it that it's too friendly on here lately, now come on I want some moaning, even Kendor & Freddie is getting bored :LOL: ;)

I very please with this New Labour, Blair is doing wonderful job and Brown is brilliant with his messed up figures & we have borrowed more than we should but it's going to have to be paid back somehow, tax & spend policy is wonderful too as it's unworkable. Brown want Blair out so he can blamed the new chancellor instead :evil:

My 18yrs son cannot get a job after 4 months applying and only 1 company bothered to reply because he's over qualified and too young :eek: :eek:

Blair at the meeting: Now then, shall we send them all to the University to make the unempolyment figures looks good?

Sponsored Links
I took a short course at "Budweiser Beer University" at Busch Gardens in Florida. It lasted about an hour, and I got to drink some beer... well, Budweiser anyway.

And I have found it about as useful in my job as a master's degree in psychology would be for a bricklayer.

Don't get me wrong, people should be allowed to study if they have a real interest in the subject. It's just this idea of "Let's take an arbitrary percentage of the population and ensure they go to university!" that gets me.

The idea of university is not just about being trained in 'A' field, its about a whole educational thing & to make you come out at the end a more knowledgeable & better person.
I know that you could say that but going to Uni you are probably from a different walk of life but they are diverse now. So dont knock Uni or those that go there that come out with a degree in Acting or similar.

Diyisfun said:
The idea of university is not just about being trained in 'A' field, its about a whole educational thing & to make you come out at the end a more knowledgeable & better person.

I agree with the sentiment but it's not much use when students leave uni with a debt of £12k (about average I think) and can't find a decent job.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
I don't like it that it's too friendly on here lately, now come on I want some moaning, even Kendor & Freddie is getting bored :LOL: ;)
Praise be brother all the hatred has left this place and peace ensues, cosmic man :)

kendor said:
Praise be brother all the hatred has left this place and peace ensues, cosmic man :)

Not for long now Slogger's on the warpath.

Diyisfun said:
I know that you could say that but going to Uni you are probably from a different walk of life but they are diverse now. So dont knock Uni or those that go there that come out with a degree in Acting or similar.

Ha, Ha, that old one, no it's about shirking responsibility for an extra 3 years, and drinking until you vomit out of your ears. :LOL:

Eddie M said:
Diyisfun said:

Ha, Ha, that old one, no it's about shirking responsibility for an extra 3 years, and drinking until you vomit out of your ears. :LOL:
Academical skills are ok if they can be put to a practical use.

AdamW said:

Don't get me wrong, people should be allowed to study if they have a real interest in the subject. It's just this idea of "Let's take an arbitrary percentage of the population and ensure they go to university!" that gets me.
I agree with that, I mistakenly passed the 11 plus in 1965. worst mistake of my life. I just aint got the ability or interest in academic studies...strangely, there were lads in higher streams than me, and they worked "on the building "too :?: :confused:

I don't like it that it's too friendly on here lately, now come on I want some moaning, even Kendor & Freddie is getting bored

Shut up you big south essex girlie jessie (is that unfriendly enough for you?) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back