British EU rebate

Jasy wrote,

Oh yes he does have to provide the same benefits to agency staff. Statutory sick pay is an entitlement and also holiday pay so he is talking out of his a.s.s. Take his number and report him!

I don't know what their contractual arrangements are with the agency. They may well sub to be my friend and be employed by the agency for all I know. All I can say his company is quite old established and was given to him by his father, he is not the type to get involved in anything dodgy.He is just sick of staff letting him down and so he is considering his options, which included this.

Sponsored Links
Umm, no I dont think so. As i remember it you are not entitled to any uk benefits until you have been here for the time limit. I also saw something which said the Irish were not applying any restrictions to new member state citizens. Which might be relevant to freddie.

Damocles said:
Umm, no I dont think so. As i remember it you are not entitled to any uk benefits until you have been here for the time limit. I also saw something which said the Irish were not applying any restrictions to new member state citizens. Which might be relevant to freddie.
Just in case you missed some of my post I said this.
They may of been here for a year for all we know, I never mentioned a time frame, I only said he had been told they are on benefits including accommodation from the council. I presume they get help because they are on the minimum wage, they fully understand the system and are using it to their advantage.

Well yes, may last year was the earliest time to start counting, unless they were legitimately working here already. But if they were then I think that by now they would have figured out how the system works and gone off and got better jobs elsewhere. Which they are entirely entitled to do.

If it was some sort of agency then it sounds very much like this agency was set up to hire out people who do not understand their rights. especially since you basically said they were sufficiently skilled to get jobs paying more.

Sponsored Links
The point being that if you take into account the cost of paying for housing and other social benefits, it pays them to stay on a lower wage.

btw, the same can be said for our own lazy s*ds that milk the system too, I am not being selective here, the guy is only considering this because he is fed up of being let down.

If it really worked like that then all his workers would be asking to work for lower wages.

And there is still the question of why some 'agency' is out touting on behalf of these people.

Damocles said:
If it really worked like that then all his workers would be asking to work for lower wages.

And there is still the question of why some 'agency' is out touting on behalf of these people.

1. No not really, because in the main his own staff are married men and they take the wives wage account when deciding benefits, so lower wages wouldn't help them. Whereas most foreign workers, who are temporarily here,are single.

2. All agencies tout for work just like any other business. It would not be considered to be PC these days to ask the nationality of the workers employed. In this instance it was an English based Pole who knew the system and was using it, he also offered his reasons for the cheaper rates as if they were common knowledge.

Well they are not common knowledge to me, nor to any poles of my acquaintance. Never mind PC, I thought the government had made it mandatory for employers to check the nationality/status of anyone they employ.

AdamW said:
indirectly subsidise (have Police driving round in Rovers and Bedfords).
But surely the policeman's job is to catch criminals on the road not sit waiting for breakdown vans in a layby ;)

Sponsored Links
Back