British EU rebate

Goodness what a lot of ruffled feathers over an aside on distant history.

Don't know why Pedro goes farming, but Piotr in poland goes out to his 1 acre farm because 5P a pound for whatever is not much, but its better than absolutely nothing. It is not that people expect western wages for farming stupidly small bits of land. Rather, they farm stupidly small bits of land because the land exists and they have nothing else to do. Maybe in France people become peasant frmers because they enjoy it. In poland they still do it because they have no alternative.

If the EU or national system of farm subsidies was dismantled then a lot of farmland in this country would not be farmed. No farmers could compete with world competition on some of the pretty poor land in this country in this pretty poor climate. So farm subsidy is a deliberate choice to keep the land in cultivation, just in case. It would mean the countryside would change. Traditional field patterns would disappear. Great for wildlife. Except all the ones that depend on farmland.....

Sponsored Links
Well there you have it, the lot i am on about and then there's the other lot, probably why they have spent the last 90 years fighting

Damocles said:
Goodness what a lot of ruffled feathers over an aside on distant history.

Don't know why Pedro goes farming, but Piotr in poland goes out to his 1 acre farm because 5P a pound for whatever is not much, but its better than absolutely nothing. It is not that people expect western wages for farming stupidly small bits of land. Rather, they farm stupidly small bits of land because the land exists and they have nothing else to do. Maybe in France people become peasant frmers because they enjoy it. In poland they still do it because they have no alternative.

If the EU or national system of farm subsidies was dismantled then a lot of farmland in this country would not be farmed. No farmers could compete with world competition on some of the pretty poor land in this country in this pretty poor climate. So farm subsidy is a deliberate choice to keep the land in cultivation, just in case. It would mean the countryside would change. Traditional field patterns would disappear. Great for wildlife. Except all the ones that depend on farmland.....

Damocles thats why the subsidies have to come from their own countries and not paid into your corrupt little system called the EU.

Ok Freddie, if you are ever down on your luck and begging for the price of a cup of tea, remind me not to give you anything.

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
Damocles said:
You mean that place the British have been trashing for centuries? Sounds ike poetic justice.

No, not really. Irealand used to be one of the poor countries but now it is not. Money has already been diverted to the countries which joined recently and this will go on. Ireland will have to expect at least to have a neutral budget with the EU.

Dont you just love this bloke :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Not sure he is a bloke, he sounds like Claire Short and Ken Livingstone together-----what would you call such a thing ???????????????

Damocles said:
Ok Freddie, if you are ever down on your luck and begging for the price of a cup of tea, remind me not to give you anything.

Thats the point it aint your money to give, before you go offering the taxpayers money to any doewn and out at the expense of those who gave it you to spend wisely make sure you ask them first on what to do with THEIR money

Um, remind me to tell the current prime minister what I think about spending my money in Iraq next time he and I have a chat.

Damocles said:
Um, remind me to tell the current prime minister what I think about spending my money in Iraq next time he and I have a chat.

Actually i dont think anybody will disagree with you at all there but that doesnt mean you carry on something that you agree is wrong into another area ( EU) and rip people off even more so as they are unable to vote or do anything against what the EU has decided to do with their money.

When they are allowed to vote you see the results and now youy know why they are against letting us vote

Don't know why Pedro goes farming, but Piotr in poland goes out to his 1 acre farm because 5P a pound for whatever is not much, but its better than absolutely nothing.

I was talking to friend today who owns a business employing around 15 people,various trades from welders and joiners through to semi skilled people. He told me he as been approached, this week, by an agency who can provide skilled Polish workers for £7 an hour. This is, he tells me, £5 to the worker and £2 an hour to the agency. I asked how can they work and live here for £5 an hour? because they are also on benefits and get council provided accomodation, was his reply. He also said he disagreed with it, but it was not his problem, if it is cheaper and they are better, he would employ more and get rid of his own staff because he doesn't have to provide the same benefits to agency staff.

This movement of workers around the EU, is to reduce wages under the guise of freedom of choice. The working class mugs of the EU are paying for their own eventual reduction in wages and living standards.

Unless, of course, you work for the EU themselves, on short hours and 60% index linked final salary pensions.

Poles do not qualify for benefits unless they have already been working here for a year. On the other hand there are agencies who get poles over here, stuff em in appalling accommodation and then hire them out to unsuspecting firms. For a fee, of course. Quite sure your friend was not being told a few explanatory lies?

david and julie said:
. He also said he disagreed with it, but it was not his problem, if it is cheaper and they are better, he would employ more and get rid of his own staff because he doesn't have to provide the same benefits to agency staff.

Oh yes he does have to provide the same benefits to agency staff. Statutory sick pay is an entitlement and also holiday pay so he is talking out of his a.s.s. Take his number and report him!

Well they might in the Irish republic but they do not in the uk.

Can't say for sure. I was speaking to him this afternoon and he was telling me how he had (again) been let down by his staff who had either not turned in or were just disinterested in working. It was during this conversation that he told me he had been approached. As regards this,
Poles do not qualify for benefits unless they have already been working here for a year.
They may of been here for a year for all we know, I never mentioned a time frame, I only said he had been told they are on benefits including accommodation from the council. I presume they get help because they are on the minimum wage, they fully understand the system and are using it to their advantage. They and my friend are not doing anything illegal, this is what the EU is all about. Move the workers about to the benefit of the employers. Just like the aid schemes, previously mentioned elsewhere, they mainly benefit the multi-nationals or rich, who follow these grants,(sorry should that be inward investment) around.

Sponsored Links
Back