What a mess

One thing always struck me when sailing backwards and forwards across the Oirish Sea, never ever saw a Welsh fishing boat, Oirish fishing boats, fekin dozens of 'em.

:) I've had a few decent fish on rod and line especially when something was done about netting out from the Cleddau estuary. They have a tendency to see beach fishers as undesirables - amazing considering the cost of modern beach casters and the gear to go with them.

I've seen some crabbing etc probably for local consumption and some very small scale fishing - some one might pop out and catch a few. Boats in Milford and Pembroke marinas don't move much. We have thought about taking the ferry to Ireland but talking to locals not much there and a surprising price for a pint of beer.

I did wonder about getting boat but costs too much for me really.

When we bought there it was like going back in time in respect to local shops but when owners retire no one takes them up so the "interesting" ones go. Tesco do an amazing trade and Lidl in some respects as well. Farmers sell spuds to supermarkets before they are grown and they get chilled on site until wanted.

My wife is Welsh so I must be one of the ones that steal their women. ;) Her mom went home when she was born so in real terms is just registered there. Spend most of her early life in Lytham St Annes and very early on some in Kent. Finished up working in Brum.

Sponsored Links
Back