What a mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the UK is in!

The four countries managed to act together in March to LockDown, but know it's down to each individual 'country' to decide on how to get out of LockDown! So we see all 4 doing making their timings different - is it for political purposes, scientific reasons or just to be b****y minded?

So the quarantine relaxations on returning travelers is to be different for each of the four. How stupid. How can anybody make a sensible decision on holiday travel - especially if living near an inland border.

Would these different views and actions have occurred had not the Blair/Brown gave the (countries) regions their own administrations. I said it then and I'll sayit now, it's the start of the break-up of the UK.

I'd also say had Blair/Brown applied the restriction on migration from the new 7 EU countries then there would not have been the pressure for David Cameron to call the EU referendum as we would not have seen so many east Europeans come here in a short time.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Different returning restrictions are pointless. If you live in Scotland and return via Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester etc all you have to do is hop on a train or hire a car back to Scotland. No border controls or anything. Same if you are Welsh but maybe a bit more difficult to get back to Ireland/Eire.

IMHO Queen Nicoliar is playing silly b*ggers. The four nations should act in unison, under direction from Westminster.
But, hey ho, what do I know. That's just my opinion.

It's all going as planned.

There have been mixed messages from Westminster so each to their own as she goes.

Sponsored Links
My cynical Welsh psyche tells me that the lunatics in charge of the Welsh asylum are bright enough to see that Matt n Bozza keep screwing it up week on week. So, they add 2 weeks on to any wild idea they have in London, so as to be able to mitigate the latest stupid idea/lie.

CG

A more cautious easing is all political upside. If the caution was unfounded then nobody will moan, if it goes wrong, you were right all along.

Might turn out that the Welsh, Scotch and Irish wont let English in. I've not heard anything about relaxation of boarder restrictions.

The overseas travel changes are one sided - they don't say that the receiving country wont apply restrictions to us. So looks like the idea of establishing air corridors didn't work out so a unilateral approach has been used mentioning that they can come here without isolating for 14 days.

My cynical Welsh psyche tells me that the lunatics in charge of the Welsh asylum are bright enough to see that Matt n Bozza keep screwing it up week on week. So, they add 2 weeks on to any wild idea they have in London, so as to be able to mitigate the latest stupid idea/lie.

CG
drakeford the dinosaur and kirstie.
what a pair . control freaks . give someone a title and a microphone.

Might turn out that the Welsh, Scotch and Irish wont let English in.
Impossible. Under the Act of the Union 1707 it can't be done, at least not in Scotland. I would imagine that Ireland and Wales will be the same.

Might turn out that the Welsh, Scotch and Irish wont let English in. I've not heard anything about relaxation of boarder restrictions.

The overseas travel changes are one sided - they don't say that the receiving country wont apply restrictions to us. So looks like the idea of establishing air corridors didn't work out so a unilateral approach has been used mentioning that they can come here without isolating for 14 days.

It does put pressure on them - Their citizens can come here for a holiday, but we can't go there.

The Welsh and Scottish Governments have devolved NHS responsibilities so can keep their work places/retailers closed as long as they cry 'Its not safe', in the comfortable knowledge that it is the UK government who will pick up the bill when their economies flounder.

Economies? I thought they all worked for the govt.

Interesting point. Haverfordwest has the council and a hospital plus a largish sorting office. The refineries around there don't employ that many now. Gas imports go to the region - not many jobs. Not much fishing. Lots of shell fish but licensed overseas as is any significant fishing. Some dock work at Milford. Some local businesses. Tourism and people who retire to Pembrokeshire help prop up the economy as they spend and don't take up jobs. The rest really is tourism but has dropped off dramatically over 20 or so years. That started when the £ was high against the euro. I know of a cafe business that could turn over 100k+ years ago and nothing like it now.

:) I own a holiday home in the area. Left some money and put it into that. Not a lot. We did intend to sell up in B'ham and move there when we retired as well but had a mind change due to seeing what has happened to the area slowly since we bought it. Us and others doing similar hasn't caused that.

Devolution has done a lot for Cardiff and very very little for the rest of Wales.

Interesting point. Haverfordwest has the council and a hospital plus a largish sorting office. The refineries around there don't employ that many now. Gas imports go to the region - not many jobs. Not much fishing. Lots of shell fish but licensed overseas as is any significant fishing. Some dock work at Milford. Some local businesses. Tourism and people who retire to Pembrokeshire help prop up the economy as they spend and don't take up jobs. The rest really is tourism but has dropped off dramatically over 20 or so years. That started when the £ was high against the euro. I know of a cafe business that could turn over 100k+ years ago and nothing like it now.

:) I own a holiday home in the area. Left some money and put it into that. Not a lot. We did intend to sell up in B'ham and move there when we retired as well but had a mind change due to seeing what has happened to the area slowly since we bought it. Us and others doing similar hasn't caused that.

Devolution has done a lot for Cardiff and very very little for the rest of Wales.

One thing always struck me when sailing backwards and forwards across the Oirish Sea, never ever saw a Welsh fishing boat, Oirish fishing boats, fekin dozens of 'em.

Sponsored Links
Back