Outdoor furniture..

I

imamartian

Just of late, all the big DIY sheds are selling lots of nice outdoor settees and tables... All looks fantastic, but how well do they do in the weather? do they need to be kept covered? How many years life can you expect from them?

Anyone got any experience of them?

Sponsored Links
Expect the existing timber treatments to need redoing every year to keep them looking good - most furniture looks shabby after one winter.
Sadolin produce a product specifically for teak stuff and its probably as good as it gets.
Keep all fabrics well away from u.v light!
John :)

Thanks for that burner... i'm ok with the timber, i was more wondering about the fabric i guess....

Sponsored Links
the material will just go mouldy /milldewey
as the sponge hold the moisture in
and if its waterproof it will be horrible to sit on
it will also hold water against the wood promoting rot quicker than normal

the material will just go mouldy /milldewey
as the sponge hold the moisture in
and if its waterproof it will be horrible to sit on
it will also hold water against the wood promoting rot quicker than normal

that's kind of what i was thinking, so how do these companies sell this stuff? are they designed to go under huge awnings?
or to be put away in sheds, covered, for 10 months of the year?

I decided to purchase a new outdoor furniture set last summer; my old set was starting to deteriorate and was no longer aesthetically pleasing.

I was worried that I would have the same problem with my new set that I did with my old set. I wanted to protect my furniture from rain, and also the sun to help prevent fading.

Recommended by a few close friends, I decided to purchase covers for the furniture from http://www.empirepatiocovers.com. It was a great decision- my furniture still looks brand new!!

I feel as if many companies do design their products to be protected in some form or another, whether it is under a huge awning or under a cover. Harsh elements such as heavy rain or harsh sunlight is naturally going to damage the furniture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back