Outdoor Lockable Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with kids turning on an outside tap and leaving it running.

I have searched high and low to try and find a "lockable" garden tap but without success.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase such an item.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Water regs say you should have a stoptap inside the building to be able to winterise it.

Why not turn it off there.

10931.gif

see properties.

This http://www.rolecserv.co.uk/sections/products/p09/p09_home.html only took 2 attemptes to find with google :rolleyes:

thank for your help, and for your support traineegasman. i actually spent all morning searching on google, without sucess, hence why i asked here.

Sponsored Links
Give the kids a good smack round the ear, they won't do it again. Much cheaper. :p

nstreet said:
Give the kids a good smack round the ear, they won't do it again. Much cheaper. :p

What with a cricket bat or a lump of 4 x 2 (100 x 50) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i still think the inside tap is easir, with that contraption outside its more of a chalenge to break it and still turn the tap on, not to mention jam the lock

If you want a proper lockable tap have a look at Edwards Standpipes on the interweb, we use them for marinas, caravan parks etc.

PTH said:
If you want a proper lockable tap have a look at Edwards Standpipes on the interweb, we use them for marinas, caravan parks etc.

that's perfect. thanks very much for your help.

use them for marinas

What morris variety? does it work on itals as well?

Seriosuly though, i have an inside isolator tap on mine, easiest really, it wont work i kids outside turn it on, unless i want it too :)

Stinkwheel (anything to do with Stinkwheel MCC ?) - you could fit one to an Ital but it would look a bit silly, it might double the value of the car though...

Hi PTH,

Not to do with Stinkwheels MCC but indeed a motorcycle phrase and intended to bring thoughts of two stroke bikes. Yamaha LC Club memeber myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back