Outdoor remote control socket

Sponsored Links
Im installing a pond and some lights in my garden , and am considering getting one these remote control units .
Don't forget that you'll need to apply for Building Regulations approval before you install it.

Are they wired as you would a normal outdoor socket ?
Depends how you would normally do that.

Where are you going to supply it from, and how?

And do you wire your appliances straight into the unit (instead of using a 3 pin plug)
Easy to wire and use plug and socket system

Don't be so impatient - nobody here is paid to do this.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget that you'll need to apply for Building Regulations approval before you install it.
No. I didnt know that

Where are you going to supply it from, and how?
Spur from house ring main was my original plan , but if its possible , I`ll plug into a socket in the garage via an RCD .

Don't be so impatient - nobody here is paid to do this.
Sorry :oops:

Im installing a pond and some lights in my garden , and am considering getting one these remote control units .
Are you sure? I thought the whole idea of the pre-constructed system offered by Blagdon was that they did not require LABC approval before being fitted.

Having read reports on people who have fitted these units it does seem they are not as straight forward as it would first seem. Point is no electrician is likely to fit them so getting advice from an electrician would not likely help.

I have read the document on powersafe and it seems flawed in there is no provision to check items like loop impedance and with the system offered it would be easy to go beyond the limits.

The whole system is fed from a 13A RCD plug so that is the protection and it uses special connectors to get around the Part P regulations and so uses set lengths of cable the installer can't cut anything to lenght other than the main feed cable which it seems from the instructions the installer has to fit the 13A plug him/herself.

It seems the whole system relies on the pre-assembled loophole with Part P and is designed as a DIY get around the law system. However as I said before no electrician would use this method so really no good asking electricians.

Are you sure? I thought the whole idea of the pre-constructed system offered by Blagdon was that they did not require LABC approval before being fitted.
Well they would say that, wouldn't they.

It seems the whole system relies on the pre-assembled loophole with Part P and is designed as a DIY get around the law system.
Doesn't look like a pre-fabricated equipment set with integral plug and socket connections to me...

t320758.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back