Outdoor sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I am planning in the future to build an outdoor bbq area with sink. As part of an extension I am putting in a new bottle gulley. I am thinking I might as well add additional connections whilst I’m at it.

The gulley is 3-4 meters(direct) from where the anticipated sink is. The area where the bbq is located is about 300mm higher than the ground level of the gulley, so achieving a steep fall isn’t a problem.

The question is, out of the 2 options I can think of, which is more ideal.

1) extend the back inlet bottle gulley with additional underground pipes to the approximate location of the kitchen, then when I am ready, connect a 32-40mm waste pipe into this underground pipe via boss adapter.

2) route a 40-50mm waste pipe underground to the location of the gulley. The run will have a 90 degree bend, so the total run would be about 5.5ish meters

Building inspectors are already notified for the extension work. I guess I could also raise the question next time they come

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back