Outdoor socket

Sponsored Links
It's what's inside the garage which matters. Is there any metalwork inside which does, or may, be in contact with the soil below?
inside of garage has metalwork to support the roof. i can't confirm either way of confirmation as the pre-fab garage is seating on a concrete foundation. thanks
Does the metalwork go right down to floor level? An electrician could undertake tests to determine the status of this metalwork.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I am talking about some of the advice you have given to people who clearly could hurt themselves. Reading through your posts is alarming. So alarming that I would consider reporting them if they continue before someone gets seriously hurt.
Ooh - I missed this one! What is this 'alarming advice' that you believe I have given, and has it been challenged or criticised by others here (whatever you may think, you are not the only QC/policing around here!).

... and to whom are you considering 'reporting' me?

Kind Regards, John

Thank the lord that Essex1 is here to save all of these DIYers from the dangerous advice being meted out by frankly irresponsible members.

I'm astonished that we've lasted this long without him :rolleyes:

Thank the lord that Essex1 is here to save all of these DIYers from the dangerous advice being meted out by frankly irresponsible members.
Indeed - and I'm still waiting to hear about all this 'alarming' advice that I have apparently been giving ... any ideas?

Kind Regards, John

Essex, as it is now Monday, and therefore (one presumes) you are now at work and able to access the documents you need, can you please provide the link to the SI on legislation.gov.uk (which must have been published by now if it comes into effect on 1st July) which makes external work not fixed to a dwelling notifiable?

Essex, as it is now Monday, and therefore (one presumes) you are now at work and able to access the documents you need, can you please provide the link to the SI on legislation.gov.uk (which must have been published by now if it comes into effect on 1st July) which makes external work not fixed to a dwelling notifiable?

I wouldn't hold your breath B-A-S

Essex1 is probably out on site using his talents to install cables and accessories to the high standard he expects. No doubt he will be back when he is free to impart his wisdom and caring concerns to the people here who need to be advised on the ethics of helping people.

Essex1 is probably out on site using his talents to install cables and accessories to the high standard he expects. No doubt he will be back when he is free to impart his wisdom and caring concerns to the people here who need to be advised on the ethics of helping people.
Maybe, maybe not! IIRC, he hasn't actually talked of working on-site, only of his 'office'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back