Outdoors gas boiler

Sponsored Links
Hopefully. Preferred internal installation with extended flue, however Navien UK are changing flue suppliers right now. They are the only maker I can see who allow 80mm flue to be fitted inside and outside. If they can do it, all others can. It is not difficult for all makers to do what Navien are doing. Giving more flexibility of installation gives more sales.

The combi casings of the Navien NCB is good enough, and sealed enough, for external fitting.

I like the simplicity of user operation of the TOK - a great advantage. I find many users cannot understand how to operate the CH controllers. These combis are huge sellers world-wide. They have a massive R&D section in their company to ensure their products are top rate. New in the UK, but massive world-wide, being the largest combi maker in the world.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So really this is a setup promotional post.
It appears I have hit a raw spot. Read back on the thread, it is obvious I am looking for the best solution to a problem. Navien, up to now are the only maker to offer a solution, Baxi may come into it after I call them tomorrow. Navien do not offer the one I want for now, which is an inside combi and extended flue.

You would do well to get Vokera to have a twin flue system like Navien. Makers do need feedback.

As far as I am aware there are makers who offer twin flue solutions, Keston do, but that boiler being so bad is rejected, ATAG do and I believe Viessmann - both on the expensive end of the scale. So far, Navien stand out in this respect - well not just yet as their new flues are not here yet. So the fallback is outside installation, which again they stand out, although two other makers to my knowledge do supply outdoor cases for their boilers, inc Vokera. Vokera being nearer the budget end of the market, is cheap enough even with an additional external enclosure, however the enclosure needs a canopy over it. However space precludes an external enclosure. My first choice was an Intergas, but the cheaper Rapid cannot have a twin flue, the more expensive other models can, then their twin flue system is lacking, of which I have explained.

I do not work for any manufacturer, being very much independent on the installation side. I just want good products that are well priced. But I do admire some Navien and Intergas products.

Last edited:
I recall you now, you were making claims for Navien last year.
I never made claims at all. I was informing those here about a new quality boiler and its advantages, was now on the block. It was amazing how many did not like to be informed.

Last edited:
Cheers hard-work.
To clarify the above navien intergas and volkera all provide outside boiler options? I’ve found the volkera balcony boiler which is I guess what you meant? Is that considered a good boiler? Struggling to find anything on intergases offering. Cheers

Cheers hard-work.
To clarify the above navien intergas and volkera all provide outside boiler options? I’ve found the volkera balcony boiler which is I guess what you meant? Is that considered a good boiler? Struggling to find anything on intergases offering. Cheers
Intergas? No. Also the boiler in the first post is an outside fit. The Navien can be directly fitted outside not in an enclosure, however with a canopy over. The only boiler to my knowledge. Rinnai have always had directly fitted outside multi-point water heaters. They have moved over to making the odd boiler I believe - need to check. Not sure if it can be fitted outside. Rinnai are expensive but Japanese quality.

An Intergas can be used as a multi-point, with a similar flow rated Rinnai far, far more expensive to buy, but no outside fitting for the Intergas. In the USA's sun belt it is common to see banks of Rinnais on frames at the back of MacDonald's. I recall most maker will allow outside fitting as long as a watertight, vented, enclosure is used with adequate frost protection and lagging.

Twin flues? Keston, Viessman, ATAG, Intergas, Baxi and Navien. The best flue system is the Navien as it far more flexible - but they are currently changing over flue suppliers. If anyone knows of any other twin flues let us know.

Exterior fitted boilers can save a lot of hassle in some cases.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back