Outlet pipe leaving rusty water patch in back garden UPDATE

Sponsored Links
Looks like a safety valve pipe from a very corroded heating system...how many years has it been dripping for?

Is that an illegally fitted condensate drain pipe (white pipe)?

**** just twigged it its a prv

it looks like the white one is spraying the wall from a leak

methinks somebodys boiler needs a doc :eek:

Sponsored Links
hi,

the heating system was only fitted last summer, around July/August.

illegally fitted I don't know. i'm sure it is the condensate pipe as it drops down into a drain.

Rezarf

hi,

the heating system was only fitted last summer, around July/August.

From the state of the water is coroding away nicely....what boiler make and model. What's the pressure gauge showing?

More like 3 to 4 bar and been like that since installation date :)

Hi,

its a worcester bosch greenstar 24i junior

I've just noticed that the pressure gauge is a little past the green section just touching the red, I take it this is bad?

What should I do? open the valve at the front of the house that drains the systems untill it drops into the centre of the green?

Also what do you think about the condensate pipe is it illegally fitted?

rezarf

Hi,

I've just noticed that the pressure gauge is a little past the green section just touching the red, I take it this is bad?

No idea where the green/red section is...what's the pressure reading..the number.

Have you checked the filling loop has not been left open.

Unfortunatley the pressure relief valve on the Junior is in a dumb place..it will need replacing..thats major work (in fact it might be simpler to pull the boiler off the wall..all corgi work). Going by the colour of the water the system will need a thorough clean and then inhibiting.

Were the radiators new?

Does the condensate pipe actually connect to a drain or is it just buried in the ground?

Have you any paperwork from the installer?

Hi

Its on the high side. not sure what the number is.

The filling loop is closed.

All the radiators are new.

The condensate pipe goes into a drain.

Will look out any paperwork I can find.

I take it emptying water out of the system will not help matters, will i need to get someone out?

Rezarf

Check the loop..may be open a little..either way just dropping the pressure back down to 1 won't fix the problem. The system appears very corroded and the safety valve is unlikely to reseal once the pressures dropped.

will check the loop again and make sure it closed if i remeber correctly it should be sitting vertically.

I take it after I check the loop and if its ok I'm still going to have to call someone out to have a look at it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back