outlets from cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rather than t off an exiting pipe I would like to add a new outlet to my cold water tank in the loft. I already have 4 outlets, 3 15mm and 1 22m. Is there any theoretical maximum number of outlets? Plus when looking online I see that there is normally one 22m that they show being fitted so i am a bit perplexed why I have multiple outlets.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
You can have as many outlets as you want but remember that each hole you cut in the tank will weaken it so don't put a new one close to an existing one.

if the new connection is for a shower make sure it is lower on the storage cistern than the feed to the hot water cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. I fitted the new outlet yesterday with a new show pump and it all works. This is the second time I have used this forum and received great advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back