Outside light 3c+E question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently replacing my outside pir lantern, which was wired with 3c+e. One permanent live which I assume controlled the sensor and a switched live which was an override to have the light on permanent.
The light I am putting up only has L, N and earth terminals in the connector block inside so my question is how would I wire the light to function the same as the old light? (controlled by the pir unless switched at the wall to be on permanent)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The light I am putting up only has L, N and earth terminals in the connector block inside

There will be an internal Switched Live from the sensor to the lamp. If you can access that wire then you could use a connector to join the overriding Switched Live from the switch to the internal Switched Live.

In some lamps the internal Switched Live is accessable at an un-labelled 4th terminal in the connector block

Hi,

Currently replacing my outside pir lantern, which was wired with 3c+e. One permanent live which I assume controlled the sensor and a switched live which was an override to have the light on permanent.
The light I am putting up only has L, N and earth terminals in the connector block inside so my question is how would I wire the light to function the same as the old light? (controlled by the pir unless switched at the wall to be on permanent)

Thanks in advance
Look at this recent thread:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/add-pir-light-to-existing-outside-light.509054/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back