Outside lights only working in the rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm hoping someone could help. I have a horse menage (school) with lighting issues.

The school lighting only seem to work when it's rained but not when it's frosty or dry.

I'm far from knowledgeable but this seems like a bad connection to me.
I noticed that the earth wire and the clamps for it are exposed but I can't get up.to it yet to see if there is any damage to them.

I've check the fuse in the switch and it seems ok but I'm gonna change it still.
Do you have any advice for me in terms of things I could try/look out for that could potentially solve the issue

Many thanks in advance for any and all advice

Sponsored Links
You might be better off posting this question in the "Electrics" forum, below. "Your Projects" is for sharing information about projects

Is it PIR or just a switched light? It may have a light sensitivity sensor in it so when its gloomy as it rains it comes on but when dry and bright it doesnt work?

Oh just re read the post, is this internal or extrenal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back