outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am i right in saying that if you add 2x500w pir security lights to an existing circuit that is powering other security lights then this is not a notifiable job and can be done on a minor works cert, also where do i stand as far as the main bonding is concerned.The curent circuit is running from a 15A fuse and has no bonding . Thanks

Sponsored Links
Minor works and notification is required as your extending a circuit and it's outside (special installation). How many lights are already on this 15A circuit? I take it is wired in 2.5mm cable.

Since the OP is banging on about notifying, I'm guessing this is in a residential property, in which case, you cant have more than 300 watts of outdoor lighting, without LABC or planning consent. You want to deter theives not blind them. :rolleyes:

It allready has 3x500w lights on it at the back of the house and 2x500w needing added to the front. it is on 2.5mm cable ,was going to run the other 2 in 2.5 arctic off the original circuit

Sponsored Links
3x500w and your going to add two more.......how about get get some 150w unless you intended to turn your house into something resembling the outside of a prison. Bet your neighbors love you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back