OUTSIDE LIGHTS

S

sollidamra

I AM LOOKING TO FIT 2 60W OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON MY HOUSE. IF I AM RIGHT THIS IS AROUND 0.5A SO I WOULD BE OK WITH 0.5mm TWIN AND EARTH CABLE. INSIDE THE HOUSE NEAR WHERE THESE LIGHTS WILL BE IS A SINGLE SWITCH FOR THE HALLWAY LIGHT, CAN I REMOVE THIS FACEPLATE AND FIT A TWO GANG SWITCH INSTEAD SO I CAN USE THE SUPPLY TO MY HALLWAY LIGHT TO POWER THE OUTSIDE LIGHTS, OR DO I NEED TO RUN A SUPPLY FROM MY FUSEBOX? ALSO WHAT IS BEST CABLE TO RUN ON OUTSIDE OF HOUSE AND WHAT CABLE SECURING CLIPS ARE REQUIRED.

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
You will not be able to utilise the switch you want to turn into a 2-gang unless there is a neutral in the back-box, but to be frank the questions you ask make me doubt your competance to be undertaking this work & I would suggest you ask a professional.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back