Outside security sensor light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside security light with a sensor - it is mains connected via a standard 3 pin plug to an inside socket.

I cant remember exactly what brand the light is but it is a 500W and I am sure it was bought from Argos.

When I first put the light up I remember vaguely that I had to do something to get it to work like turn it on or off for 5 seconds and move in front of it etc but I cant remember exactly what.

Problem is my GF switched the plug off a few weeks ago and now when I turn the plug on the light doesn't work - does anyone by any chance know the ritual I need to do to get the sensor working again or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jase

Sponsored Links
Yes I did - I replaced it today but still cant get it to do anything but I do remember having do something "weird" at the time to get it to work and cant remember what for the life of me now :(

Sponsored Links
These PIR's reset themselves...if you switch it back on, it may light for a minute or two - or it may not, and go into darkness detection mode straight away. If it does the latter, sometimes blanking off the lens completely with a hand will trigger it.
If the bulb is ok, check the fuse - if thats ok, likely the PIR is goosed. They don't last very long, in my experience.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back