Outside stop tap problem

the young lady I first spoke to (United Utilities) assured me that their policy has now changed
Might be worth getting an opinion from the regulator, Ofwat.

Sponsored Links
United Utilities must have changed their protocol re outside Taps then , I’m in South Manchester & I bought a Property last July to Refurb , the 1st thing I do is a have a full strip out , Pipework , wiring etc if required , I tried the internal stop tap , completely buggered , so I tried outside , it was full of all sorts including what looked like mortar , So i gave UU a call & fair play to them I had a visit next day to survey the job & mark which Stop tap it was , next day a Gang dug it out & put up some Barriers , day 3 a Gang turned up to replace the Tap , then day 4 a Team came to back fill , then day 5 another Team came back to Tarmac the Pathway ....,, then finally on day 6 a Guy turned in a Van to take away the Barriers

a bit long winded but they got there !!
Phil

Ah, perhaps it was you who caused them to change their protocol!

Might be worth getting an opinion from the regulator, Ofwat.

Yes, I could politely ask them how I stand. Polite requests often work where demands fail!

EDIT: I had a look on their web site:
"We do not generally deal with individual consumer complaints or enquiries about water companies or individual water bills."

I don't want to start making complaints at this stage and, to be honest, I don't think my problem will be considered as important to them.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back