boundary stop tap

25 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I've been looking for our boundary stop tap.

There is a little manhole cover kind of V shaped on the footpath outside the property.
It has a big "W" with "ductile" written under the W. Is this phone, electrics or gas stuff or could it be the boundary stop tap?
Sponsored Links
ductile is just cast iron.
the only triangle ones i know round here are for tv. but they have c a t v on them. they are usally about 4"x4"
have a look won't do any harm see what next door have outside.
If you ring the board they should come out and locate it for you. Don't rely on it functioning though! Your water supplier has no obligation to maintain a working boundry stop anymore, they don't use them so don't maitain them - replacement costs are susidised though about £120 round here. On the flip side consumers are obliged to maintain a working stop tap at service entrance to the building
If you are on an MDPE supply you could just squeeze off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links