New Supply Pipe (25mm) join?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

we had a moling crew out yesterday to our house to lay a new 25mm blue poly supply pipe from the boundary to our stop tap underneath our sink.

What they have done is moled the 25mm poly to the side of the house from the stop tab at the boundary to the side of the property. They have then cut the blue poly and put a 90 Degree poly elbow join bend on, then used a 1 metre length 25mm poly pipe again to enter the house. Then again used a 90 Degree poly elbow join and used another stretch of 25mm blue poly to run directly to the stop tap under the sink.

The trouble i'm having is that these 90 Degree blue poly elbows are infact 25mm joins, but they have an internal piece which when joined together reduced the internal size to say 22-20mm. :eek:

Is this the correct way to run a supply pipe to our stop tap? should joins have been used? Could someone please clairfy. thanks.. :D

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's normal. The very short length of reduced bore where the liners are inserted will have negligible effect on flow, less so than the elbows themselves which are equivalent to perhaps 1 metre of pipe.

However where the pipe comes through the wall and up to floor level it should be sleeved and perhaps insulated. In fact the elbow that is presumably below your floor may be wrong since you should not have any inaccessible water fittings in the house structure. Also check that the pipe run is at least 750mm below ground level.

You need to check these details with your local water company.

should really enter the building from a depth of 30 ins inside a long slow bend designed for such use and insulated with thickwall lagging.

hi guys, i've also just noticed that there is another bend attached just before the stop tap. I'm alittle concerned that if this bend fails i wont be able to turn off the water in time because the only other main stop tap is outside on the pavement and i'll need one of those long iron rods.

Sponsored Links
Ask your water company to check that it complies with the water regulations. They might do that FOC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back