Outside tap fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, just moved into a new house and need to sort an outside tap, in the garage is a 15mm cold water pipe with a valve type tap but no actual tap on the end (just the open pipe end).....and as a complete novice i would just like some advice please as to which fittings i would need to attach a tap successfully :oops:

having checked google etc i keep coming back to this http://www.screwfix.com/p/wall-plate-elbow-15mm-x/92934 so i went out and picked one up (already have a tap) but it won't fit on the pipe end, does it just need forcing on or do i need something else. Any help gratefully received :confused: Thanks in advance

Matt :)

Sponsored Links
Trying undoing the nut a little. If it still won't go it is possible the pipe is old imperial 1/2" pipe as opposed to 15mm. It will go on but you may have tap gently with a hammer being careful not to damage the pipe.

It is possible that there was a tap before and got damaged during freezing winter and the ice inside pipe made the pipe swell.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back