Fitting outside tap

A compression elbow instead of a solder one would, but like this...

Garden-Taps-Fitted-Hamilton.jpg

Sponsored Links
And you'll need a check valve inside on the supply to the tap if you don't already have one.

Sponsored Links
Have a look around inside for something like this feeding the tap.

ae235
It's impossible.

The pipe goes inside the wall then goes down below ground to join the pipes coming from the mains tap. It's already plastered etc so I can't see the pipe inside (judging from it it doesn't seem I have one of those as I doubt they fitted one in the wall or under the floor)

Actually what I do have is this, which is already outside. Is it the one I need?

Attachments

• 16463451307255852441524467587136.jpg
    16463451307255852441524467587136.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 62
No, you need a double check valve internally fitted.
Internally as in inside the house? How can I do this is the pipe is inside the render and then goes under the wall and under the floor to where the main tap is? (basically the mains rise up to the tap, then from there it goes below ground again to feed the cold water to the rest of the house, including this tap).

Internally as in inside the house? How can I do this is the pipe is inside the render and then goes under the wall and under the floor to where the main tap is?

Yes. Unfortunately to comply with the regulations you need to find a way or you can't have a tap in that location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back