Outside Wall Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help or advice please.

I have an outside wall light. Lately in the cold weather, I have to change the light bulb every couple of days.
Is this due to cold weather or does the light fitting need replacing?
All the wiring is concealed and as far as I can see, not prone to the elements.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it's a CFL it may give the appearance of having failed when what's wrong is that it's too cold for it to start.

If you have been merrily replacing CFLs, do you still have any of the ones you've taken out? (I hope so, because you're not allowed to just chuck them in the bin).

Thanks for the replies.

The first couple of bulbs were the old 40W type. The next one to go was an energy saving type, (10W=60W).

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
The first couple of bulbs were the old 40W type. The next one to go was an energy saving type, (10W=60W).
Strange because the weather isn't really that cold now. I was going to suggest maybe the 40w was overheating in the fitting if it was designed for energy savers but if your 10w CFL isn't lasting then not too sure.

High supply voltage maybe? But why suddenly a problem now and I don't think that would cause a problem for the 40w lamp?

Sorry more questions than answers. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back