Oven and electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I use the existing 8mm cooker feed for both oven and hob by creating a spur off the original feed and then wire both oven and hob off original and spur

Sponsored Links
Is the cable you refer to twin and earth? Is it a dedicated radial final circuit for a cooker ? What is the circuit protection ,MCB ,fuse ,rcbo and what amperage. Is circuit protected by RCD. What is the cooker load and what is the hob load ( kilowatt ratings ) . how have you established what the cable size is , 8 mm ??????

I'm not sure of the kilowatt ratings of the hob and oven as it's only just been delivered to the property but it's a dedicated Cooker point the circuit board is the old type with the breaker with a red button on the cable size I've compared so it's 8mm

Cable size refers to the cross section of the conductors and typical cooker circuits in UK would be wired in 6 mm² or possibly 10 mm² t/e. Is the amperage of the circuit breaker 32 amp ? Cable runs from the board to an isolation switch ( very often with a combined 3 pin socket outlet ) ,and from there to a cooker connection unit.to which the cable from the cooker connects. You can change the cooker connection unit for one that has two sets of terminals ,to enable an electric hob AND an electric cooker to be connected to it. The combined load of the oven and hob cannot exceed the current carrying capacity of the cable. So you need to know what the load is and what the cable size is. Hope this helps regards terry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back