Oven cable length

Neff also do a range of hobs with a removable knob, which is a nice feature
Yes, thank you. I have one.

Is this the single magnetic one that you can just lift off? What do you think of it? My feeling was that they should have one per "ring", as a single knob presumably involves some magic to first select a ring and then adjust it.

Sponsored Links
a single knob presumably involves some magic to first select a ring and then adjust it.
Like both of the hobs you mentioned in your first post, where you tap the circle for the ring you want to control, and then use the +/- to control it. Try to plan things so that you never need to rapidly respond to a need to turn more than one ring off or down at the same time, and make sure nothing ever boils over as that will make the controls difficult and/or dangerous to use.

And try to not have any large sauté/paella pans - they get in the way of the controls.

screenshot_907.jpg

Thanks.
I don't think you could expect a friend to work it out by themselves though, could you?
I wouldn't be surprised to find a version with four magnetic knobs at some point.

Sponsored Links
Where would they go?

Your idea would require the makers to hire non-idiots to design things.

Mine is fine. No issues, no problems, nothing gets in the way of anything.
Of course, I could find a ridiculously large pan to confirm your objections. But that would be the same for any hob.
That's like saying a Jaguar is a useless car because you can't get a 6ft fence panel in the door.

I guess on whether you consider an easily affordable pan sold by a well known Swedish furniture and household goods retail chain to be ridiculously large, or not.

And it would not be the same for any hob - only the ones designed by idiots who think that putting the controls on the actual hob surface is a good idea. Not one traditional cooker was ever, and is made like that - it only happened when idiot manufacturers started employing idiot designers who thought that styling should take precedence over function.

I agree that some hob designs are less than ideal. I am a fan of this Neff hob (you may have noticed).
The model I have does have a neat feature (Flexinduction zone) so that, if you have a very large pan, you can combine two of the rings to make one very large one. That is useful for making gravy in a large roasting pan that had the meat in it.

If we could blow the budget and get the Neff T51T55X2 hob it looks to be 7.2kW 30amp. Combined with the 2.9kW 13amp oven, would it still be okay to connect them as originally proposed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back