Oven fan is making large noises! + Should we clean the oven?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our over fan is making noises.
It doesn't always happen.
It happens too often though.
I look inside, it doesn't seem to be accessible in anway?

What can I do?

Mega dumb question: should we clean the oven?
We've never ever actually cleaned it!
Silly question I guess: what benefits will cleaning the oven have?
Will cook more efficiently??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Anyone?
We've still got the problem.

Could be a loose nut? Make/model of oven?

It's a siemenns model
No idea where I can see the model
We have 2 ovens
The bottom one is the much bigger one.
The one above (I suppose you can call a grill - but has controls for oven) - that's the one we use - that's the one making the noise.

Where could I get the model number from?

Loose nut? I'm sure it could be. All I see is a fan grill with holes or something. Not sure how I could start opening.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don’t really know myself how to open it, I’m guessing from the rear. They’re usually secured by x2 screws at the front (if built in). If it’s built in there may be a sticker on the frame somewhere, if it’s freestanding then model will be on a label on the rear.

It's built in
I think I might have to pluck up the courage and figure out how to take out.

To clean. Baking soda or bicarbonate of soda, same thing and make paste with water. Brush on and leave 12h.
Then brush on white vinegar and leave a few hours and wash off. Plastic scraper. Glass scraper and kitchen scouring sponge to clean.

Sound's like you need a new fan. Youtube will show you how to replace..

@Wayners DOH
Youtube is normally the first place I would look
I'll do a look up now
Thanks for the cleaning tips. Will follow.

Try espares.co.uk, or on YouTube, they usually tell you how to replace certain parts.

A few months ago I had what started out as an intermittent fan noise on an AEG built in oven which developed into a permanent noise. Fearing the worst I removed the fan and all seemed okay; a bit of longitudinal movement along the axis of the motor spindle but nothing too serious. I refitted it and ran it whilst out of the unit and the noise was still there. It was then obvious that the fan on the motor was catching on the oven casing. Solution was to bend the casing outwards by inserting a screwdriver in the gaps. Job sorted. The oven casing had probably deformed a little due to the heat.

A few months ago I had what started out as an intermittent fan noise on an AEG built in oven which developed into a permanent noise. Fearing the worst I removed the fan and all seemed okay; a bit of longitudinal movement along the axis of the motor spindle but nothing too serious. I refitted it and ran it whilst out of the unit and the noise was still there. It was then obvious that the fan on the motor was catching on the oven casing. Solution was to bend the casing outwards by inserting a screwdriver in the gaps. Job sorted. The oven casing had probably deformed a little due to the heat.
Thanks for the reply. I looked inside the oven. I can see the screws (I hadn't actually seen those before!)
The fan looks like those for sale on ebay.
I'll take apart and consider looking for the fault you mentioned.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back