OVEN LOAD CONNECTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm in the middle of checking my elec. wiring, i found that the oven that rated 5.1Kw (manufacturer value), in connected to a 20A MCB in a radial circuit.
I don't think that the radial circuit is a problem, but the 20A MCB, calculating the load considering the diversity, I found that the load (which without diversity would be 22.17A), is 21.65A, the wire is 4mm2.
According to the OSG, the cable can take 37A (method 1), i'm tempted to change the MCB to 32A, any suggestions?
Albert

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
yeah that should be fine
thanks,
should be fine to leave as is or should be fine to change the MCB to 32A?
Albert

either is probably ok

diversity guidelines are just guidelines ;)

personally i probably wouldn't bother swapping it unless i had nuisance tripping problem

Sponsored Links
Albert said:
considering the diversity, I found that the load (which without diversity would be 22.17A), is 21.65A, the wire is 4mm2.

Isn't the formula for diversity: first 10A of fl + 30% of remainder + 5A for socket outlet?

In your case, this would equal 18.65A inc allowance for a socket outlet.

If your CU allows it, fit a 25A breaker..

plugwash said:
either is probablly ok

diversity guidelines are just guidelines ;)

personally i probably wouln't bother swapping it unless i had nuisance tripping problem
I know but as you will see below a silly error in adding the figures made it to look like the values are on the limit, it looked so near it could go both ways, that is why I asked you, the more experienced sparkies, to know what would you do.
Isn't the formula for diversity: first 10A of fl + 30% of remainder + 5A for socket outlet? In your case, this would equal 18.65A inc allowance for a socket outlet.

5100(W)/230(V)=22.17A
12.17(A)x30%=3.65(A)+10(A)+5(A)=18.65(A)

Yes I see, I used the diversity correctly but fail with the arithmetics... :oops:
I don't think that this is a valid question any more, it is clear to me that it can stay as is, (nothing else is going to be added to the load on this circuit, and there is no neusence tripping )...Sorry for that.
Albert

Just wanted to get diversity formula sorted out..... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back