Oven wiring with gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am installing a seperate supply for my oven (rated at 2230W) and gas hob. From a 15A fuse it will be wired in 2.5mm twin and earth to a 45A cooker switch (i believe this is ok), my problem is where it goes from there. Here are the options I think I have.

1) both oven and hob hard wired into the switch.
2) oven and hob wired to FCU with 13A and 3A fuses respectively, then wired to switch.
3) Oven wired to an "oven type outlet plate" and hob to a FCU, both then wired to switch.
4) Switch wired to a double plug socket, hob and oven plugged in to this.

What options are legal and what one would be the best, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The oven and hob igniter could both be plugged straight into the same double socket. But that would look nasty if the cables were on show.

Or swap the cooker switch for a DP switch and run some 2.5mm t+e to a double socket out of the way, using the DP switch for isolation.

Thanks bongos, I was using the 45A cooker switch because it had "cooker" written on it and I couldn't find a lower rated DP switch with cooker written on, guess its not important?

Could a double socket be wired from the cooker switch?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back