Overcover or repace sofits/facias & barge boards with u

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have sofits / facias /barge boards as shown in the attached link
www.swishbp.co.uk/design/what-are-fascias/

These are now weathered and rather than painting them I am hoping to simply staple/ nail gun/ screw or somehow attach UPVC over the top to reduce painting maintenance. (a bit like replacing wooden windows with uPVC in this respect).

Can anyone recommend steps I should take / suppliers etc ?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
It's up to you but replace is always better but not for the diy'er.
Even cap over just pay someone to do it. Get it wrong and you turn your roofline into a dogs dinner if you've never done it before.

Good luck.

rather than painting them I am hoping to simply staple/ nail gun/ screw or somehow attach UPVC over the top to reduce painting maintenance. (a bit like replacing wooden windows with uPVC in this respect

Overboarding leaves the original wood to rot behind the new stuff, often unseen. Best to remove and replace, unless the original is in very good nick. A bit like nailing some new plastic on top of your wooden windows in this respect ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back