Overflow problem - Water pouring out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have water pouring out of my overflow at the back of the house. Only occurred today so not sure if it has anything to do with the snow we have had here but i doubt it. I have a combi boiler fitted and when the heating is turned on the water out of the overflow turns hot, so its definately something to do with the internal water system. Recently had a plumber to remove a radiator so i can tile ready to fit a new radiator. Other than that everything is as it should be.....so whats causing this and how do i fix it?????

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Had a look so what is the best thing to do??

Open the valve and try and close again which i doubt will do anything or just replace it?

How easy is this to replace or is there more to it that i will need a plumber?

Sponsored Links
I turned hot water/cenral heating tap off at the boiler and the pressure went down. When turned back on it went to about 1.5 as it was before the problem.

Can you tell me what EV is please...Something valve??

Take it i need a plumber? Can i do anything in the mean time to temporary stop the water pouring out.
Also is it dangerous?

Sorry not clued up on stuff like this.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back