Overheating Hotpoint Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have a Hotpoint First Edition 1200 speed spin Washing Machine model FEW12P. When I obtained it the complaint was that it kept issuing water from the soap powder drawer. This was totally clean, and so I examined the filter below the drum and found that clogged with fabric/etc. having cleaned this and the adjacent piping, along with some threads I found up in the drum from that location, I thought it would run fine, but no.
Now none of the three special function buttons seem to light or function, and on a 40 degree wash, the machine is making loads of steam and has resulted in shrinking clothes - whoops, not popular.
Has anybody any reasonable suggestions please?
Planenut

Sponsored Links
Just to pre-empt any suggestions for this, I have checked that the filter and waste are clear, they are, also I cannot find any loose connections.
Still hoping for some advice.
planenut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back