Washing Machine Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When washing on a synthetic 40 degree cycle my hoover washing machine (No built in dryer) over heated to the extent scalding steam was pouring out of the soap drawer. Is there a thermostat or similar that I need to look at first, or the programmer broke?

Sponsored Links
Probably the t/stat has gone, dont know where it is though.
Programmer only tells it what to do so that should be ok

If you know the model number of your machine. Start a new thread & ask if anyone knows where the t/stat is, or do a goooogle for the machine.

Sponsored Links
Usually thermostats are an integral part of the heating element. It comes complete when heater is replaced not a common fault though to overheat

Usually thermostats are an integral part of the heating element. It comes complete when heater is replaced not a common fault though to overheat

Many thanks for your advice. I am a bit stuck where to go next with this. The machine is a Hoover H130E probably ten years old. It is in good condition but for this instance of over heating. What else can I look at to dismiss or identify the problem. There was one item in the machine at the time, my wife said it was set to 40 degrees delicates, and I witnessed steam coming out of the soap dispenser. I turned the machine off, and when the door was opened the jumper inside I could not touch it was so hot.

This model has a NTC sensor on the back of the tub,possibly the cause of the problem.

The sensor is on the back of the tub,you will need to remove the back panel.Should have two yellow wires on it and about 25mm in diameter.They cost about 10 -15 pounds so worth a go.If that doesnt cure it only leaves the circuit board and personally wouldnt bother unless it is less than five years old ,then get hoover out under the 5 year parts warranty.

The sensor is on the back of the tub,you will need to remove the back panel.Should have two yellow wires on it and about 25mm in diameter.They cost about 10 -15 pounds so worth a go.If that doesnt cure it only leaves the circuit board and personally wouldnt bother unless it is less than five years old ,then get hoover out under the 5 year parts warranty.

assuhors

Many thanks for your help, will let you know how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back