Overlap fence panel nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I've bought an overlap fence panel to replace an existing one which is well worn down.
The whole fence is by no means straight but it will do for now.

At first I wanted to use fence clips but space is a little tight at the bottom so not sure it's a good idea.
I then thought of simply using nails.

What size nails would be adequate. I was thinking of 75 mm.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use nails but there's always the danger of splitting the wood as the frames aren't beefy. I don't really see why nails in at an angle would be less awkward than the clips.

Sponsored Links
You can use nails but there's always the danger of splitting the wood as the frames aren't beefy. I don't really see why nails in at an angle would be less awkward than the clips.
The fit between the two posts is a little tight which is why I had my doubts about whether I'd be able to fit the clips in. Mind you we're only talking about a 2-4 mm max so maybe it possible to cut a bit off the sides with a multi tool or a hand saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back