Overlapping roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with overlapping felt on our roof. 6 months ago we had to change a few tiles and felt due to 80mph wind. We got a so called professional in and we thought they did the job. But now it’s getting windy we noticed the felt is overlapping. can I go to the loft and some how pull the felt a few inches inside the house? Called the builders several time but they make so many excuses and the noise the overlapping felt makes is so loud that it’s hard to sleep at night... will appreciate if someone can give me some advice. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Vinaldo. good evening.

The felt should overlap, that way any rain water that gets past the tiles / slates whatever is shed down the roof slope to the gutter.

The top that is the up-slope felt should overlap the lower lower of felt to maintain the above.

Suggest you do not pull / stretch the felt at all but?

How about carefully cutting some off cuts of timber battens, say 50.mm X 50. mm and jamb them between the rafters in a place that prevents the loose felt from flapping??

Ken.

Hi, great idea, would have never thought of that. will have a go and update. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Vinaldo. good evening, again.

OK the timber does not have to be the 50.mm X 50. mm so long as the batten "traps" the loose felt then job done.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back