Oxy Pilot spark electrode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is you are risking a lot over a very small amount of money.

You've had your advice

I'd suggest the thread is locked. They seem to get locked for less recently

Sponsored Links
I absolutely agree but cannot a certified safety device be modified if the safety aspect is not altered without having the resulting item recertified?
Can you read? You are a joke
It is one unit modification is modification

I acknowledge that bit, but the gas section is not open to queries so this seemed the most likely for a gas fire query.

For this very reason. You have numptys attempting to modify a safety device and expect to be helped with their idiotic notions.

The bit by which safety "considerations" are relied on as the sole reason to not work on a non safety non gas part.

But it is a safety gas part. Why can't you grasp this?

I absolutely agree but cannot a certified safety device be modified if the safety aspect is not altered without having the resulting item recertified?

No because you are modifying and already certified part. It is manufactured as a unit, tested as a unit and sold as a unit. A modification in any way, shape or form results in the certification being null and void.

Jon

Bottom line is you are risking a lot over a very small amount of money.

You've had your advice

I'd suggest the thread is locked. They seem to get locked for less recently
Well that is a consideration for the risk vs reward assessment but not an actual answer and locking the thread would not answer it.

No because you are modifying and already certified part. It is manufactured as a unit, tested as a unit and sold as a unit. A modification in any way, shape or form results in the certification being null and void.
Jon
Indeed true and I am not proposing to sell such modified part.
But I see it more as maintaining a part. Your considerations would debar me from even adjusting the electrode tip when needed.

Sponsored Links
Just stop.jpg

WHAT AN IDIOT . thought some of my customers were annoying this man makes them more tolerable now

so......
you employ a gas engineer to come and fix your broken electrode. he tells you it can be 'fixed' or replaced as a whole unit. 'fixed' is cheaper (obviously)
you go for cheaper option. gas engineer cobbles some 'drilled out repair type effort'. it works, he gets paid and goes home.

6 weeks later, you are out at work,walking the dog or whatever. wifey and kids at home tucked up in front of a lovely warm fire. something goes wrong with the fire, snuffs your whole family out!

who are you going to go for first? the knob who altered the electrode.

get in the queue, after the HSE, the police and the gastapo (gassafe)

the other option is. alter it yourself, snuff your own wife and kids out, save a few quid £100 at most, pay for their funerals (damn site more than £100) and probably get done for manslaughter after failing to prove 'competency' for messing with gas.

I'd die for my kids, i wouldnt let them die for £100.

knob

Why would my proposed solution be able to result in those consequences?

=================================================

If you don't know then you aren't competent.

Mod
=================================================

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back