Oxy pilot/thermocouple on gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas fire is playing up (no pilot flame). Had my boiler engineer look at it (reluctantly - he hates gas fires). He didn't replace any parts but he cleaned it out and it works - sort of. The pilot light is still out and it takes several attempts to the light the fire (pilot / false flame signal error message on remote control). According to the manufacturer the "oxy pilot/thermocouple" should be replaced every year. It has not been replaced in three years, which probably explains why the fire isn't working properly.

I want to order the parts before calling in another engineer but looking on the BFM website I can find the thermocouple for the fire but there is no mention of any oxy pilot.

The list of available parts can be found here:

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought, but wanted to check here. The letter from the manufacturer must have been a generalized one covering a range of appliances. Will order the thermocouple on its own.

Sponsored Links
An oxy-pilot is a complete unit containing T/couple,ign electrode and is designed to cut out if the supply of oxygen is deleted, thec and be cleaned but any work requires a complete new unit, there are a few different makes but your fire doesnt have one here is a pic of what an oxy-pilot looks like

oxy pilot.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back