P&O admits breaking law

failure to notify was never going to lead very far. Forcing them to pay minimum wage for using U.K. ports is really where the focus is needed.

They need to hurry up with the changes.

Sponsored Links
failure to notify was never going to lead very far. Forcing them to pay minimum wage for using U.K. ports is really where the focus is needed.

They need to hurry up with the changes.
It would hit them much harder if they were prosecuted and fined. They just recorded some big profits so it defeated their argument.
Watching companues getting big fines for law breaking would send a message to any others thinking of copying.
But maybe that is the point ?

I’m not sure that is correct - it’s a fairly trivial fine capped at level 5 and I believe the settlement offer exceeded even the extended notice which would have been necessary to rectify.

paying roughly £4 * 37.5 * 800 a week is significant and should destroy the business case.

I’m not sure that is correct - it’s a fairly trivial fine capped at level 5 and I believe the settlement offer exceeded even the extended notice which would have been necessary to rectify.

paying roughly £4 * 37.5 * 800 a week is significant and should destroy the business case.
And then you wonder why unions become militant .
Watching a big company get away with blatant law breaking is not a good sign.

Unless its a sign of things to come

Sponsored Links
the govt appear to be taking steps to prevent such abuses of our minimum wage laws. No union militant behaviour seems responsible for the change. what annoys me, is some management consultant (internal or external) probably came up with the appalling idea.

hopefully consumers have taken their business elsewhere.

the govt appear to be taking steps to prevent such abuses of our minimum wage laws. No union militant behaviour seems responsible for the change. what annoys me, is some management consultant (internal or external) probably came up with the appalling idea.

hopefully consumers have taken their business elsewhere.
By militant I mean that unions will see what P and O have got away with and become more hostile generally to stop such abuses.
Could be avoided by govt taking action now. It just leads people to think its acceptable. That is what punishment is supposedly for.

Back