P Trap Connections

Joined
17 Sep 2018
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We’ve recently had a 1.5 bowl sink fitted in our kitchen and I decided, against my better judgement, to do my own under sink plumbing. Well, long story short, I now have more 40mm compression and push fit connections than Toolstation and still no functioning waste drainage!
I connected both sink wastes together using 40mm pipe and (latest effort!) compression elbows and a t joint, so that I can feed both wastes into one p trap, but can’t figure out a way to join the pipe, which is a plain 40mm plastic, to the p trap inlet, which has a collar (coupling nut?) with an internal thread. I can also foresee problems when I come to trying to connect the trap outlet to the waste.
I’ve attached a couple of photos of the trap inlet and outlet to try to make my ramblings a bit clearer.
Does anybody have any suggestions how I can get round the problem? If you have any suggestions regarding adapters, a link would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
(PS. Anybody want any plastic fittings!)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2860.jpeg
    IMG_2860.jpeg
    718.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 27
Thanks Hugh. I’ll follow your advice and do what I should have done in the first place!
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top