Pa Testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Could someone here who does pat testing please explain what has to be put down on to the forms or record sheets for class one and class two.

I'm only asking about the readings for insulation and continuity, at the moment I have been helping a friend to do some testing, (He does all the paper work) but he has given me the job of doing 7 shops. I have my own tester, fluke 6200, and have in the past done my 2377.

His last words to me ( hes away in the USA for a month ) was don't forget to put down both readings for class 1 & 2. But I'm not sure how to get a continuity reading using the fluke, I have look on the net but no luck.

I start the work next week (wednesday) and was hoping some one on here could help.

Many thanks

Lyngarth

Sponsored Links
Hi
Could someone here who does pat testing please explain what has to be put down on to the forms or record sheets for class one and class two.

I'm only asking about the readings for insulation and continuity, at the moment I have been helping a friend to do some testing, (He does all the paper work) but he has given me the job of doing 7 shops. I have my own tester, fluke 6200, and have in the past done my 2377.

His last words to me ( hes away in the USA for a month ) was don't forget to put down both readings for class 1 & 2. But I'm not sure how to get a continuity reading using the fluke, I have look on the net but no luck.

I start the work next week (wednesday) and was hoping some one on here could help.

Many thanks

Lyngarth

See: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=215099

Hi

Many thanks

Lyngarth

You obviously don't have the first clue about the work you're about to undertake, so my advice would be not to do it. Get someone in who knows what they are doing, and leave well alone.
Whatever you do, don't just try and blag it. It'll come back to bite you on the arse.

you wouldnt be the company advertising at doing PATS for 1.15 an item plus free replacement of plug tops fuses etc. by any chance.

Sorry if you dont know how to fill out the forms you shouldnt be testing, as the last post said its going to bite you and possible endanger some innocent party.

Sponsored Links
No not £1:15 per item, I charge £45 per day plus £2:75 per item, well that was I did charge 4 yrs ago.

Back then I was doing it with a different tester and a company who just downloaded the info and printed it off, so no I haven't filled out many pat forms, in fact the only forms I have been filling out lately is the normal ones needed for my work, minor works, electrical installation certs etc etc I am and have been with the NIC for 7 yrs now and yet to get my a**e bitten.

So was just trying to get some helpful info here as it has been a long time since I did any pat work, but fear not I will not bother you wonderful, fault free sparks again.

Lyngarth

Nobody said we were fault free, but that is what we want from PAT testing,
As said ,you have to be a competent person and unfortunately,even with your background, you do not seem to grasp the importance of a proper test.

Nobody said we were fault free, but that is what we want from PAT testing,

I know that and thats why I asked for some info, as for not knowing how to do a proper test, I do know how to test, did that when I got my 2391, and if I can't get to grips with the new tester I will just use my 1653.

And yes I'm not good with forms but will get there.

I dont know the fluke and how it shows the results but, and i am not being funny here, you put on the forms the result of the tests. So for the insulation my seaward gives a result and as long as it is above 1 is a pass.So the relevant forms have whatever the reading was entered on to it.
The main thing is to know what are the pass rates for the test and the category of equipment being tested so the result is either posted on the eqipment register and report or the equipment register and faulty equipment register. If you are doing multiple earth checks on one item then i tend to record the worst result with a note on my equipment register where exactly the measurement was taken.

Hey Grizzly, perhaps that link should be posted on the other PAT thread????? Could go well with a clamp meter and B+Q multimeter.

With regard to forms, print out the form at the back of the code of practice, and modify to suit, then I STRONGLY recommend you down load a piece of software called easy pat, they do a free 14day trial, gives you plenty of time to practice and its excellent, i have purchased it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back