packard bell reformat???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to reformat my packard bell desktop pc, ive done it before, just forgot how i did it... its windows xp, ive got the product key of the side of the computer. i thought it was one of the F keys on start up i pressed to get it started but cant figure it this time?? any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If your computer is running, if it has the Smart Restore included, you can go to Start -> All Programs > Packard Bell Support > SmartRestore.
Then click on the recovery icon to start the Recovery Program.

If your computer does not start correctly (i.e. errors stop you from using SmartRestore), or SmartRestore is not installed, start (or re-start) your computer. Press the F10 or F11 key when the first Packard Bell logo appears (the key to use should be displayed when you first start your computer).

hth dave

thanks for the quick reply, i had 3 options on start up..

F8 boot device
F2 bios setup
ESC switch screens

it was the ESC key that i hadnt tried, pressed that and it took me straight onto the packard bell recovery program..

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Worth rememnbering for anyone else who needs that info, and make a note yourself.

When you get it back to factory settings, look for the option to make a system backup disk/s, or system recovery disk.

dave

Back