Pad stones for RSJ.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
Just a quick question, can anybody tell me roughly what size pad stone/nub I will need for an RSJ spanning 12ft.

Thanks SB. [/code]

Sponsored Links
The size of the padstone will depend on the load the beam is carrying, and also the compressive strength of the brickwork or blockwork at the bearing.

Sponsored Links
The size of the padstone will depend on the load the beam is carrying, and also the compressive strength of the brickwork or blockwork at the bearing.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of knocking a load bearing wall down in my kitchen and making a kitchen/dining room. It's s standard 3 bedroom semi built about mid 60's.
I understand that it will need an accurate calculation by a structural engineer to ensure the correct size of RSJ is fitted.

Regards SB.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of knocking a load bearing wall down in my kitchen and making a kitchen/dining room. It's s standard 3 bedroom semi built about mid 60's.
I understand that it will need an accurate calculation by a structural engineer to ensure the correct size of RSJ is fitted.

Regards SB.
If you are getting calcs done for the beam, your SE should provide you with the size of padstones. The Building Inspector is unlikely to accept the calcs for the beam without calcs for the size of padstone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back