is RSJ correctly supported?

It’s stupid for a builder to deviate from SE drawings - he could land himself with a law suit and expensive remedial repair.

Any changes I made, I always got S/E or architect to confirm in writing.

Sponsored Links
It’s stupid for a builder to deviate from SE drawings - he could land himself with a law suit and expensive remedial repair.

Any changes I made, I always got S/E or architect to confirm in writing.
Apparently, @tony1851 will just not bother with those connecting bolts and spacers that the engineer meticulously specifies, because they are a waste of time! The rebel. :cautious::rolleyes:

steel-4-png.240112

Thanks for all the responses guys
Had someone out today to quote and the work can be fixed, approx. 2/3 days to complete.

My final concern would be that the builder under specced the steel. The large steels should be 203 X 133 X 30. I know they are 203 X 133 as I have measured, does anyone know how i could check the thickness to see whether he's fitted 203 X 133 X 25 or 203 X 133 X 30.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back