Paint peeling interior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

maybe you can offer me some advice.

Im looking to repaint one of our rooms but I have a small problem...

It turns out that the people who owned our house before us painted the room with matt emulsion over glossy paint, now the paint that they put on is peeling away from the gloss undercoat. Its not that drastic, it seems to only be doing it in about 3 areas. I have removed the lose paint from those areas and now have a 1ftx1ft area of peeled away paint.

I was thinking about sanding the area down a bit before painting again, but I wanted to know if this is the best thing to do or should I be looking at doing something else?

cheers

Sponsored Links
From what you say, I would just rub down the glossy area's with 100 grit with the aim to feather out the old emulsion scar lines to blend into the old gloss. Then use undercoat, solvent or acrylic, wait for it to dry then carry on decorating..
good luck ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back