Paint splatters bath

If you're feeling brave - standard thinners/gun wash from your local car place. No garantees it'll look after your plastic though, but if you're quick it'll get the paint off. Only thing it wont get off is two-pack paint.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I will leave that as a last resort if nothing else works .

There's 2 main types of thinners (or maybe more) - cellulose and xylene are the onex i'm familiar with. Acetone (nail varnish remover) can be quite good as well. If you do decide to have a bash with them, try leaving a drop on a hidden (or less visible) part of the bath for 5 minutes, see what happens.
You could try a drop of petrol (same rules apply, though i've used petrol on gel-coated fairings often enough)

Use a sledge hammer to get rid of the bath / paint...

Sponsored Links
Microfiber cloth and meths will work fine on plastic bath.
Always test area so you have confidence, but I've used meths many times and so will fitters using silicone.

Steam cleaner will also work

I would've just moved or demolish the house and rebuild it...

Sorry, I'm taking the Mickey out of some members here who always come up with nuclear solutions...

. Some members did give interesting advice like taking a sledgehammer to the pink bath ( mind I have been tempted) and even drastic advice like ripping out floorboards to replace with plywood ( all for the sake of laying vinyl). No thanks

Get some cramer email star cleaner
( toolstation/home base) it will get it all off without damaging the bath.
It's a matched hardness abrasive cleaner bit like t-cut but fof baths., will cut through years of limescale in seconds it's also great for slight scratches on radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back