paint to stop smells?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I recently got a new door put in between my porch and house. Once the door was put in straight / level it became apparent that the stud wall next to / surrounding it was not particularly straight, some edges were proud of the door by 10mm at the top of the frame.

To solve this I chipped away the surface of the old plaster and also part of the depth of the face of the plaster board, I then fillered over it and painted. This was a few weeks ago.

Ever since there has been a chemically smell in the porch coming from where I removed the surface of part of the board.

Any ideas how to solve this, without ripping the wall out entirely!? Would more coats of paint resolve this? Will the smell just go over time? Is there any special sealant paint which will act as an odour barrier??

Any advice appreciated, it's really ****ing me off.

Sponsored Links
If its been treated with something best to find out what, manufacture may give advice on this.

For sealing damp areas around an old cottage I have been using SBR/cement slurry, very good on dusty or friable surfaces with minimal odour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back