Paint yellowing over a month problem

That was the oil based stuff.

Thanks :D .......I'm still as confused as ever about the lid colours though, I've re read the threads again and I'm still sure it says in them that the blue lids are the new and modified ones!?! :oops: :rolleyes:

.......I will just avoid dulux I think!! ;) :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes. No-one knows what is going on. Some say the blue lid is good - others that it is just the same. The bottom line is that water based is the way forward. Even the pre 2010 paints yellowed.

hi all, sorry for the late reply.
It was Dulux's Once, that was said to dry in 90mins I think.
I ruined the interior of the whole house with it :(
I tried sanding it all down and re-painting over with Crown paint, but it went the same way.
I'll get round to it later , but in the meantime, the outside need attention, so i''ll have ago at Johnstones. Do the big sheds do that paint?

Anyone think Crown is OK as an alternative , or is it a company owned by dulux or just as poor?

Sponsored Links
I was at a customers house earlier (im in soft furnishings, curtains, blinds etc) and they've had loads of work done recently .....complete renovation.

I mentioned to them about the widespread paint yellowing problems and they seemed to be wise to it!! - theyve had the same problem in the past and they always insists on eggshell now!

........another avenue to be explored :D There really does appear to be life after dulux after all :LOL: ..... What a magical world it really is !! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back